Friday, October 19, 2007

Car kit

Keep this in the car if possible. I used to keep a lot of this in my car but since some of it was stolen, I keep most of it in the house and load it up for longer trips. I have something similar to the personal fanny pack that I keep hidden in the jack compartment.

72 hour kit
Flashlight and batteries
Fire extinguisher
Jumper cables
Seat belt cutter and window breaker (keep within reach)
Water (bottles can go under the seats)
Matches
Gloves
Tarps
Garbage bags
Wipes
Maps
Driving compass
Rope and/or tow strap and bungee cords
First aide kit (any medications)
Siphon hose for water or gas (do not drink gas)
Window washer/scraper
Crowbar and other tools (hammer, saw, wrenches, duct tape, fuses, belts, and screws)
Ax, bucket and shovel (this is required in some forests)
Engine oil
Gas can (keep it empty and unused unless you have a place for it on the outside of your car or truck)

No comments: